Monday, September 14, 2015

Week in Review - September 7, 2015 - September 13, 2015


A Week of Changes

Every 3 or 4 transfers there are a lot of changes in the mission.  Well, this last transfer there were a bunch of things that went on.  So, I will try to explain it in the following days...

Monday, September 7th, 2015




Today we had our P-Day in Huanuco.  Super chill, played some speed Monopoly, made a few purchases in Metro, and just hung out in the afternoon.  But, in the afternoon, I got a call from Presidente Henderson.  ugh Oh... One of two things... My Companion Elder Cano will get an assignment, or something will happen with me.  Well, I picked up, President Asked me if I would accept a new assignment.  oh poop.  Well, here it is.  Zone Leader in Huancayo with Elder Ottley.  I will be helping Elder Ottley finish his mission., He finishes this transfer.  Ok.. So this evening, we did our goodbyes for me, and what not, and told everyone don't worry, because my companion Elder Cano would be staying behind to do everything too. Ok.  Monday.  Done.  Time to Pack..  Ugh.  I hate transfers for this reason!







Tuesday, 
September 8th, 2015

So, The highlight of today was when we went and had dinner with Bishop, but this time he invited us to pizza.  Yum!  Said my quick goodbyes to Bishop, his wife and a few others, then we went straight to the Chappel to do the transfers as a zone, and find out who is going where... Well.  A few surprises.  I knew I was going ahead of time, because they call you ahead of time for the Zone Leaders, which makes it super nice.  But, what the surprise was, is that my companion Elder Cano, also has transfers! He will be going to the same zone that I am now Zone Leader.  Woah!  We are closing an area!  I didn't think that would be happening!  So, really quick, we left, said goodbyes, round 2 for my companion, and also started searching for new rooms for the sisters that will be coming in our place!  It will be good though, because the sisters can visit with the people that we couldn't because we never had enough guys to go on visits with us.  So, they should have some good success.  Oh yea, and packing madness continues.  I will tell you, I now have more than 2 bags worth of stuff.  Most of that is for the problem of clothes.  Ugh.  But, that is only a problem for transfers.  When I will finish in like a year, that won't be a problem, there will be so many things left here in the area.  Hahahaha.... 






Wednesday, 
September 9th, 2015

If you had a transfer of 8 hours raise your hand.  8 hours in a freaking taxi.  Ugh.  I will admit, it was shorter than one of my other transfers that was 11 hours by taxi.  This is one of the advantages of a Geographically diverse mission.  Woo hoo.  Basically that was today.  At the end of the day I met my new companion Elder Ottley, and we got straight to work that night. 




Thursday, 
September 10th, 2015

Today was basically appointments, and Zone Leader Training... Here and there in dumb things.  Get to know the investigators, the less actives, and what not.  Pretty good day, just a bit tired thats all.  Not much more to report from today.

Friday, September 11th, 2015


Today also was just to get to know the area.  Planning Session,  Correlation. The Best Correlation I have EVER HAD here in the mission.  I will like this part of the ward at least, it started me with some pretty good hopes for this ward.

Saturday, 
September 12th, 2015

If you are ever stuck in a situation and cannot find the ancestor you need for the Family History project, have no fear.  Reneic is here!  The International Database for information is at your fingertips if you just have a few connections.  Head Secretaries, Officiators in Lima, Notaries, Journalists, Bankers, Etc.  Just search with ease the international database of records to find the names of your family!  Now solving problems mission wide with connections to the information you need!

Love doing the family history work when you have connections to people who know stuff.  All the people I mentioned have access to the international database for free, so we can use them to find some of the ancestors we need to do the family history work for the less actives and the recent converts.  AHHH...  Much easier... Did that once last week in Huanuco, and now here as well in Huancayo.  Just need to find the connections, and life is much much easier.

Sunday, 
September 13th, 2015

Church Here starts at 8 am.  Ugh, so hard for the members to get there on time, but it works out pretty well.  We have one piano in this building, and it isn't a player piano.,  I thought.  WERE DOOMED:  But, there is somebody in the ward giving music lessons, and half of the hymns were played by the little youth of the ward. Give it a few years, and they will have a few more.  It is awesome to see the programs growing here in areas were the church has only been established  for a maximum of 35 years, and to watch their progress and learning throughout all of this.  


Church Building fun facts.,  Almost all of the building is Wood Floors.  Maybe because of the cold, and the fact that they will only put carpet in the bishops offices.  There are 3 wards assisting in our chapel right now, and its pretty squished right now.  But all in all its great.  Finished the day today with taking in the weekly key indicators for our Zone.  Each Companionship has to send in to us like 35 different indicators. Next week maybe I will send you an example of the numbers we need to send in to show you how the mission work here is different than the missionaries 1.0.

Thats about it for this week.  A few notes as well, in our room, we live as 4 Zone Leaders, and we cook our own breakfast.  Yes!  I get  to cook! Love it, pancakes, eggs, bacon, omelets, and food without rice!  YES!!  Hahahaha...  I will send some pictures sometime of our room.  Oh yea, and one of the bathrooms has a hot water heater (first I have seen in Peru so far) so that we can shower with hot water without the risk of being shocked.  Woah.  Somebody was thinking outside of the box on that one!

So yea, all is good, I some pictures of goodbyes in Huanuco, and me coming in to Huancayo.

Thanks, and love you all!

Elder Holmes
Huancayo, Peru




No comments:

Post a Comment