Monday, June 15, 2015

Week in Review - June 8, 2015 - June 14, 2015

Happy Birthday Elder Holmes
Hello there!  Not a bunch of time to email you guys this week, but I will try to squeeze it all in... 

So this week I had a birthday!  Oh no, I am now 20.  But that really doesn't mean anything to me here because they all think I am like 28 (without the fake glasses) so the whole age thing has just passed and gone.  But, with that, I was able to enjoy my birthday in the Pension with the pensionista, and she went out and bought a cake!  Woo hoo!  A big fat vanilla cake with my name and everything.  Yup, that was my breakfast.  It was so funny too, I walked into the pension and they said, Happy Birthday! And I was all like, what?  I had totally forgot as had my companion.   It had completely slipped my mind!  But I enjoyed and am continuing to enjoy the birthday cake.  Yum!

The English Classes and Ward Mission Nights are continuing every week, with a bit more success every week. We are beginning to get references through these activities which is a good sign that they are feeling comfortable with us. Yea!  But with that in mind, We also had Ward Council as we do every Sunday evening. Yup, I burned them good. Really Good.  Uhh.....  The life of the missionary continues..

On Sunday I was also asked to give a talk for 15 minutes on the Missionary Work.  I was asked on Saturday. Whoops!  But it went well, I used a few different teaching manuals, and taught it from a different aspect because i am basically tired of teaching the same thing that we always give talks!  

All in all this was a good week, and who knows... this week is transfers... There might be some move around in our Area, there might not... Just wait and see next week... Because this week is when we normally have transfers, not the emergency transfer that I had to get into Huanuco again.  
A slice of cake and hot cocoa
Elder Holmes
Huanuco, Peru

P.S.  Thanks all for the Birthday emails and wishes!  They don't go unnoticed!

No comments:

Post a Comment