Monday, June 8, 2015

Week in Review - June 1, 2015 - June 7, 2015

Happy Birthday Elder Holmes!!

Well this week has been a long one. I will not be specific in everything, but sometimes there are just times that you get tired. Pooped. This week was one of them... But, as missionaries, we just keep pushing on, and we find out that when we are doing our part, and we are pushing on, that it is through our efforts that we become less tired, and we have more motivation to continue working. So with that in mind, welcome to my week!

In the last week I received 4 packages!  Woah!  Woo hoo! Thanks Mom and Dad, and Grandma, and Grandma and Grandpa!  I sent a photo with all the packages that came at once, so it was awesome to get all the goodies!  I live in a room with 3 other missionaries, and they were extremely happy that I got these packages because they know that I will share.  4 types of Jerky, bunch of chocolate, M & Ms to cover the face of Peru.  Yup, I guess you could say that I am happy! [Elder Holmes turns 20 years old this coming Sunday, June 14. Happy Birthday!!]

I'm finding a bunch of cool people here in Huanuco, and learning more and more of the stuff that I need to do as a missionary, and as a District Leader.  Being a District Leader ya, is fun, but it also has its drawbacks.  Taking numbers every few days stinks, because it takes a bunch of time, but it is a nice time to talk to the other missionaries!

I can tell you, this week in the District Meeting, we will be eating Beef Jerky, and M&Ms and enjoying life.... 

Oh yea, and I am teaching my pensionista how to cook, under the direction of her husband.... bahahahah....We made a bunt cake, and she did something wrong, and it went flat and she got all depressed... I took it out, flipped it over, did a powdered sugar trick we use for brownies, and showed her how to make vanilla icing (nobody here uses icing for cakes, so they loved what I did when I iced the cake.  All in less then 20 minutes. Thanks family for teaching me how to eat and cook!  Woo hoo!!  I am teaching fun little things like that almost every day.  My Pension's mom tells me that whatever wife I find will be super lucky, ugh,,..... I'm feeling trunky....

Oh yea, so this week was pretty good, all in all, we are finishing this transfer in the following week, so it will be interesting to see if anything changes here in Ward Colonial.  

Love you all, and thanks for the packages!  I and all of my district thanks you!

Elder Holmes
Huanuco, Peru

No comments:

Post a Comment