Thursday, August 21, 2014

5 More Days in The United States!

So... Down to 5 days!  What have I been up to in preparation for the next 2 years in Peru?  Well, for those who are going on a foreign mission, I'm sure this will be a helpful list for you as well:

  • Immunizations (Yellow Fever and Typhoid Specific for Peru)
  • Shopping Spree - Buying all the stuff I need for two Years.  Some of these items include:
    • Smaller Bath Towels
    • Sleeping Bag (for colder, and less heated missions)
    • First Aid Kit
    • Rechargeable Devices (Flashlight, Camera, Batteries, Etc.) - I went all solar for everything, so all of my devices are 100% Off Grid.  No need for any power incase of any emergency. 
    • 14 Sets of Clothing.  Yup.  That is for everything. From Under Garments, to White Button Up Shirts, and a couple short sleeve white shirts...
    • Suits
    • Superglue, Duct Tape... All the essentials!
  • Passport/Visa - Worked with LDS Mission Travel to have them arrange my Visa for me
  • Luggage
  • Power of Attorney (For issues that may arise when I am away from home, and I cannot spend hours trying to fix a trivial issue) I.e. Credit Card Issues, Medical, etc...
  • Generic Point and Shoot Camera with GPS Capability ( I can send photos from Peru to Home, and they will see EXACTLY where I took the photo.  How Cool!)
Don't forget to do the following before you leave!
  • Update Credit Cards you are taking with you (set the expiration date for after when you return)


No comments:

Post a Comment