Monday, October 19, 2015

Week in Review - October 12, 2015 - October 18, 2015


Really Though.  Do I have to write this week?  It has been so SO SO Busy, I don't even know where to start. I hope that a picture is worth a thousand words because I don't even have a few words to share this week.  I will bullet point a few of the things that happened this week then I will try to explain a few of the pictures that are uploading right now so that at the very least some of them will make some sense.

Panchamanka.  This week we received permission from President Henderson to make a panchamanka.  This is basically a bunch of food that is cooked in the ground or above the ground by using stone heat to cook it all, even the meat.  So, as part of the goodbye thing for my companion we got permission to do it with a less active to try and animate them to have a bit more of confidence in us so we can help them out a bit more in their family and do the stuff we need to do. So, attached are a few photos of the steps we used to make the panchamanka, and what it consists of.  Maybe next week I will make a video that explains the photos of the panchamanka.  If not, just look it up online, I'm sure it explains it pretty well.  But you have to look it up from the earth, and not from the pan.  















Also, something worthy of mention this week is that we did Divisions.  Woo hoo. Actually they went through pretty well, it was just logistical crap for the last part because that is when we began finding out there were changes in the sister zone that happens to live with us, so we had to help them out a bit because there wasn't enough missionaries to go around.  Woah.  Long Story short, the other missionary that was in our room is now in the office, he is an Assistant to the President, and so we have been in a Trio since that Wednesday. Fun fun.  
This week I said goodbye to my companion, as Elder Ottley has finished his two years of service, last night and this morning, and like all of last week we spent time packing, and I think he finally made it all in, and just at weight.  Ugh.  I don't want to do that.  Yuck. 

There was a baptism this week in the ward, but from the sister missionaries, but I had the opportunity to be the Priesthood that baptized their convert.  A fun experience, and it was even more fun trying to fix the freaking machine for the font.  That sucks in water, pushes it out, and heats it up.  It's such a mess.  I will send you guys a photo of what it is like... Then you can see how fun it is when it breaks...




That should be it.  I will try to write something better up today, but I cant think.: I'm so tired.  I Will probably sleep next week after the transfers.  haha.  

Love you all

Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment